Paid internship using professional publishing, imaging, and prepress software to design publications, create graphics, and prepare publications for production on digital printing presses, in accordance with graphic arts and printing industry standards.
- Preflight customer submitted files for processing through EFI Fiery XF raster image processor to manage color and prepare for printing on EFI Jetrion inkjet printer
- Construct and modify files that have originated in source applications such as Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, In-Design and Acrobat as well as incorporate materials from other applications
- Correct issues such as fonts, colors, layers and object overlap
- Learn Seagull Scientific BarTender label layout software including basic numbering and barcoding methods
- Use Microsoft Excel to preview and edit numbering sequences
- Prepare digital and physical proofs as requested by sales team and customers
- Work with salespeople on proofs, and maintain accurate project records and assure communication with sale
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows (even if primary background is Macintosh)
- Experience with layout, design and image manipulation software such as Adobe Illustraton and Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, and/or Google Sheets
- Quality conscious and trustworthy
- Must pay close attention to detail while working with a high level of independence
- Able to visually distinguish between similar shades of color such as Pantone shades
- Able to measure physical product dimensions to a thirty-second of an inch
- Good arithmetic with decimals and fractions when applied to design layouts
Why consider this for summer or fall 2017?
- grow your resume with valuable work experience
- grow your pockets with a paid position
- academic credit may be available
- Flexible scheduling during school year with more hours available during breaks
- Located 10 minutes from campus by vehicle
- Work closely with a versatile, innovative & lively group including other KSC students and recent graduates
- Initial paid opportunity is for one semester but previous interns have extended into additional semesters, breaks, or full-time positions following graduation. Current first year and sophomore students particularly encouraged to apply.
- EIM is a drug-free workplace
We encourage applying now via the online form since interns are often selected in advance of the next academic term.
Electronic Imaging Materials has been in Keene for over 25 years, with second generation owners who have attended and taught classes at Keene State. Several KSC students have advanced to additional positions at our company after the initial paid internship.